SUCCESS!

I've always struggled in making cake pops. I can no longer count how many attempts I've done. I have always failed. Sometimes, the cake would be too soft (too much buttercream, plus not chilled well); sometimes I overcook the chocolate. I've watched numerous tutorials and asked a lot of people countless advice on how to do at least one thing right.

Today I decided to try again. I focused on melting the chocolate right. I used Oreos instead of cake (to save time and effort since my goal is to get the chocolate to melt successfully). I used 200 grams of milk chocolate chips. I added about a tablespoon of shortening. I placed the chocolate inside a glass bowl placed over some water (water shouldn't touch the bottom of the bowl). The heat was on medium high, but I did not allow the water to boil. I consistently stirred the chocolate. As soon as it started melting (it was shiny and still had lumps), I took it off the fire. I stirred in more chocolate without reheating the water. Success! Chocolate was melted!

Here's how my Oreo cookie pop experiment looked like. These are to be used during the birthday party of my friend's daughter Allyssa.

Not bad...
Cheers to me for FINALLY melting the chocolate successfully!

***
I made another batch of Pooh and friends fondant toppers today. Here they are:

Isn't he adorable?

Eeyore is really shy
Friends reunited
I just love Pooh and his adorable friends! And so does a lot of my clients.

Until my next post!






Comments